Tuesday, February 28, 2012

TRAN SIBERIAN ADVENTURE DAY 5 PART 2

TRAN SIBERIAN ADVENTUURE DAY 5 PART 2
JANUARY 31, 2012

We had two more passengers another man and a sweet Buryat woman, both agreed to our arrangement (bed 25) Well, that makes 8 total so far (visitors that would have been in our kupet) We also had a huge german shepherd dog as a passenger. He is between me and the bathroom...NOT GOOD. He looks kind enough, but seriously...how long can I hold it ??

There was also a cute little boy that got on. I played peek a boo with him. Peek a boo translates into any language, just like love and laughter. His shrill squeals of laughter were contagious. I think even the dog laughed. Once I saw the little boy unafraid of the dog, I decided to "man up" and go relieve myself.

Well, I wrote out my black pen (it was a great pen) of course it was a great pen, my brother, Troy, gave it to me (or I took it haha) It was one of his company pens. I love my brother, Troy, I have loved him since I was a little girl. No really, I know everyone loves their siblings (or at least most everyone) but I have always adored him. When I was young, I was quite shy and homely (actually I was pitifully cross eyed, skinny, lanky, with string hair ugly, I even had a seed wart on my chin and didn't get any sort of girly shape until like 9th grade) I'm telling you the truth, UGLY. But the funny thing is that I never ever felt ugly (I only see it when I look back at pictures) I was the youngest of 6, and I was loved, truly loved by my siblings. I never had self esteem problems or felt ugly. I did know I was shy though, that much I did know. I remember going to all Troy's football games. He is 6 years older than me. So when he was in high school, I was at my absolute ugliest stage haha. 9 - 12 years old. I remember after ballgames going to the "cool dip" and just being there with donia, troy and michelles friends. He was never embarrassed by me and always let me sit with him and kind to me. He is still an amazing big brother. We are all grown up now and all have families of our own and all our children grown, but He is still always there for me, encouraging, loving and not embarrassed by me. haha He makes me proud. Anyway, it was a great pen. Lord, please be with his sweet precious family, please heal Justin completely, please above all else, give them Your peace and use this trial in their lives to draw them and others closer to You in every way. Give them patience and endurance and strength.

Uncle Troy and Justin meeting Eli, the day before we left. It was so precious of them to fly all the way from OK to see us before we left. I love them !
 
Posted by Picasa



My Brother, Troy and his beautiful family: Sister (inlaw) Mona, Jimmie T, Jared and Katie, and Justin. I LOVE THEM TO PIECES.

 
Posted by Picasa


Many people got on at the Irkutsk stop, many will get off at Ulan Ude. We are the only ones on our wagon going all the way, which doesnt surprise me. Buryat people are so beautiful to me. They look alot like our eskimos. They seem so kind and genuinely happy. We have seen many at the last two stations. We are near Buryat region now.

Frances sent me a text that Eli misses us. I guess she got that off FB or she is just being nice :) She said that Bryan and Hannah had DNOW with their youth and it went well, but sure they are worn out. 12 more hours and we can talk to our kids. YAY.

When I first began our journey, I said that I began with mixed emotions, excitement, apprehension and immense mourning. In the 4 plus days journey God has richly blessed me...with His joy, peace, and comfort as only He can. I never doubted that He would, but I so needed it. I so needed this time with Him, uninterrupted. I love waiting on Him with expectancy to see how He is going to answer my prayers, how He is going to pour out His love to me. I am never ever disappointed in how He meets me where I am. It takes a good bit longer at times than others, but He is always ever so faithful. ALWAYS !

Funny thing is most of the waiting time is my own doing. I become impatient, distracted, busy or just plain independent and get in the way with my own plans, thinking, ideas. I sometimes feel I can figure things out, or work things out on my own. How silly of me.

He gives joy abundant. His perfect peace and He turns mourning into dancing, when we trust and wait on Him. Psalm 40:

I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
and put their trust in him.
Blessed is the one
who trusts in the LORD,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.
Many, LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire—
but my ears you have opened
burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
Then I said, “Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.
I desire to do your will, my God;
your law is within my heart.”
I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips, LORD,
as you know.
I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.
I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness
from the great assembly.
Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD;
may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails within me.
Be pleased to save me, LORD;
come quickly, LORD, to help me.
May all who want to take my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.
May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!”
be appalled at their own shame.
16 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who long for your saving help always say,
“The LORD is great!”
But as for me, I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
you are my God, do not delay.

His law is within my heart, I delight to do Your will, Lord. Please show me how.

I don't want to refuse anything in my life that You choose to allow. You are enough. You are big enough for anything!


 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: