Thursday, February 16, 2012

TRAN SIBERIAN ADVENTURE DAY 3 PART 3

TRAN SIBERIAN ADVENTURE DAY 3 PART 3

SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2012

I was thinking today about Amy Carmichael. From what I remember, she served in India for 56 years. wow! 56 YEARS... What many might not know, for the last 20 years of her service, she was confined to bed. From active Missionary for over 30 years to bed ridden invalid. She was a faithful witness, I would say.

When we accept and not fight our circumstances, whether financial, physical, spiritual - we open our heart's gate to God's love, peace, joy and ultimate contentment in Him.

I am also reminded of Psalm 25. Preserve our Spirits, Lord. Help us to know that no matter what, You will carry us through any rough spot. All Your paths are lovingkindness, all means all. Help us to count it all joy...where there is suffering, there is much joy.

Being here in the middle of Russia on the Transiberian railway, travelling further and further from Mississippi, from our family, it is not my choosing. I love my family, I love Mississippi and warm weather - It asks more of me than I naturally want to give. but in light of what faithful witnesses that have gone on before us, there is not any comparison.

Yet I rejoice to give Him what He asks, so that others can know Him and see what He can do. I can never go wrong finding my joy and comfort in Him.

We just played our first game of cards. Phase 10...I won. Michael got off the train and got 2 more waters and a juice. He also went to the dining car to see what they have for lunch.

I just read the Homelife magazines that Frances sent. One of the articles was about Gladys Alyward. What an amazing woman, example of faithfulness, perseverance and obedience...Such a small woman, with such a huge faith. She rode this same railway all the way from London to China during the war between Russia and China (1930's) She saved all her money from scrubbing floors, washing clothes, went against her family's wishes to go to China and serve. When she arrived to near our city (the city of exile), she was kicked off the train by Russian soldiers, basically to die. It was middle of winter and she nearly froze to death and got eaten by wolves before she made it to our city, where she was then interrogated by officials. They thought her passport read "mechanic" not "missionary". She eventually made it to her destination in China and there shared Christ and cared for many orphans and got them safely away from danger.

Reading that story and remembering about Amy Carmichael is so helpful, so convicting, so encouraging to me as a woman/missionary.

Oh Yay, heading to the dining car...Michael and Caleb had borsch with rye bread and sour cream. I had pork chop (escallop) with home fried potatoes. It was very good. Michael had Cordon Blue (chicken with cheese and ham) He didnt care for it, but I liked it. I am pretty easy to please where food is concerned haha. Neither of us liked the bill though...just for that and no tea or drinks, it was over $40.00. Needless to say, we wont be eating in the dining car again.

Sunday Night listened to a sermon together. Walk in the Word, James McDonald 1 John TRUE LOVE

If we lose hope, we lose everything, I must hope in His love and obey faithfully.

True Love does not hate. Christians cannot hate.

True Love confirms salvation. If we are truly born again, we should be becoming more loving, more kind, more patient, more forgiving, more humble...

True Love is sacrificial, willing to lay down our lives for Christ and others, take action --- see a need and do our best to meet it. Dying to self.

True Love speaks truth- Not words or talk, but by our deeds do we show true love. It was a great Sunday on the train.

A few pictures of our dining car expereince and our "expensive" but rather yummy Sunday dinner.
Going to the dining car, between wagons, was soooo cold.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: