Monday, February 27, 2012

TRAN SIBERIAN ADVENTURE DAY 5 PART 1

TRAN SIBERIAN ADVENTURE DAY 5 PART 1
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

3 am Moscow time, 9 am in our city and still Monday in America

We have less than 24 hours left in our journey, 22 hours to be exact. We should go through Irkutsk in the day time so we should see Lake Baikal, the largest fresh water lake in the world (or deepest or something like that) It wont be our first trip to Lake Baikal. Last August, while Grace was with us, we actually drove to it...what a trip that was. sleeping in the van, crossing rivers on Old dilappidated ferries in our van in the middle of the night,camping out on lake baikal to be awakened and attacked by biting midges, escaping with our lives but also with bites literally all over our bodies and a van full of them. After hours of driving, the Lord led us to a "sanctuary" literally, a log cabin with running water and a pechka (oven), fire place, literally on the beach of lake Baikal that even had sand. It was too cold to sun, but not for grace to swim in the lake. (she is a brave soul). I remember reading Radical and Crazy Love out loud as we drove, waited for ferries and recovered from the "no no's" (biting midges) Lake Baikal was a sight to see, and the memories of that trip (good and bad) will live in my heart forever. I should blog my journal from that trip sometimes....

We are now travelling around the lake. We have sun and snow and thank God no sight of the dreaded evil no no's . They are summer/early fall creatures I suppose. Saw a couple of men fishing out on the frozen lake. We have ridden through mountain tunnels...really cool. About 20 more stops to our city and less than 18 hours. I finished the dekker book. It was interesting reading, but I really do not like "fantasy" vampire stuff haha. I'm just a reality kind of reader I guess. The ending was great and it certainly kept my attention throughout, He is a great writer though. I liked the end and the point of the blood of Christ that flowed from Emmanuel's veins and the uttermost deceit of Satan - the liar, murderer and thief and how he has absolutely NO POWER or victory over our Saviour, Jesus. Thank you, Jesus. The beginning was good and the end was good, it was all the pages in between getting to the end that I could have done without. Ha ha.

Still listening to Matthew on my IBible and reading. Matthew 14 "Too good to be true" NEVER. With Jesus Nothing is ever too good to be true, He is absolute truth, absolute GOOD. Take Courage, dont be afraid. Why do we doubt? Is there any room for trouble in a ship that is under HIS command. It is God who has called us to this region. He directed and continues to direct our path, even this path on the Transiberian Railway.

He understands - He acts immediately... PS 63:8 His right hand holds me up. "I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, I was sinking deep within, sinking to rise no more. Then the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I. Love lifted me, Love lifted me, when nothing else could help, Love lifted me." When Jesus returns will He find faith. Will He find me faithful, joyful, peaceful, loving, belieiving, serving, obeying? Oh I want that more than anything, for me, Michael, our children and their spouses and our grandchildren. FIND US FAITHFUL, LORD.

some pictures of lake baikal


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: