Sunday, August 16, 2009

Do Not Fear; Every day of the Year


I had an afternoon with Caleb recently and it was really fun. We played "Sorry" and I won, and WII bowling and he won. He made me take the WII fitness test and I am officially 37. 5 years younger, whoo hooo. Then i started asking him his "favorites".

favorite color: blue ; favorite book: rifles for waite ; favorite candy bar: kit kat ; favorite restaurant food: Chinese ; favorite fast food: Sonic ; favorite book of the Bible: 2 Samuel , why? because David is in it. So then I asked his favorite character in the Bible: David

This shouldnt surprise me, since he was little he has loved soldiers/army men, war games, History (especially wars/battles) and always said he wanted to be a soldier for Christ. I then asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up: Missionary, what will you major in college then: History Since he was very little, his daddy has read Bible story books to him almost every night of his life, cant tell you how many Bible story books they have gone through. The past 2 years, switched to the Bible. His favorites have always been the Old Testament (Kings, Samuel etc...)

I pray, "Oh that You would say that Caleb has a heart like David's/ YOURS, Lord" Then I got all afraid and thought about David's life, and at times what a mess it was, and how I dont want any of our children taking that path, and actually contemplated if I should pray that. (My grandmother/mother always said be careful what you pray for :) hmmm

So I been thinking and praying about that since our little "favorites" time.

I heard in a movie last night "Do not Fear" is in the Bible 365 times, I don't know if it is true or not, but Caleb quickly said, that is one "Do Not Fear" for every day of the year.

So now, I am reminded to not be afraid to pray that for Caleb, but will add, that he learn from reading David's mistakes/example and have a heart after God's heart (but without all the bad choices)

No comments: