Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bryan is Married

 




What Joy !! June 6, 2009 Bryan and Hannah were married, what a blessing to be able to travel to Ms, then Georgia to witness, as Russians, and now we would say, "A new family created by God". Why is it that we Americans don't really say that we are a family until our first child is born? How wrong is that?

As Michael reminds me over and over again, this is how it is should be: we give them life, pray over them, guard, provide for and protect them and then let them go out on their own. (all of this knowing only God allows it all, and is giving us everything it takes to do this and His mercy is sufficient when we don't always do it right) But even knowing... knowing Bryan loves God and seeks to serve Him and others, knowing that he prayed and sought the Lord in choosing the perfect mate for him, knowing that he is ok, and that his church family is there, knowing that he is now an adult and independent in every way of us...doesn't in anyway take away the fact that this mama misses her little boy, and though it is "how it should be", and I love my life now and the lives stages/ages of our children now; I still have such mixed emotions, strange emotions, pride and joy, along with missing "the boys" (Reagan and Bryan), and missing the way it "used" to be when all our children were under our roof. And I am really getting tired of counting out 6 of everything...

Even still, I know, though I don't always feel it, that He is faithful, and He will give me just enough light for the step I am on, including seeing me through this night of missing my boys !!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post and great picture! The first comment under the post about Reagan and Robin is mine, btw. "S" is a little mysterious, huh? LOL!