Monday, December 13, 2010

My New Russian hat and other such thoughts




There are some days when one really mustn't blog. I dreamed about nonsense all night. I woke up all stuffy and feeling yucky. Michael gave me a kiss and took Sasha to school. I am not even sure what happened after that. My Gosh/Goodness !! OOPS, IM NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT ANYMORE (sasha thinks im cussing when i say either of those, so i guess i must say something new, like "My, MY" or maybe he is right and I should say nothing at all)I think that is a perfect example of not being a stumbling block. To me it means nothing of the sort and I dont even say it in anger or with any evil intent of my heart or with a nasty tone, but because it bothers him, I will do my very best and ask the Lord to help me change it. On the subject of being a stumbling block, some of our wonderful Russian friends think that playing cards is a sin. They will let their kids play skipbo or uno and other card games but for their own reasons, all are different, they do not play with regular cards. When we had one of our friends stay with us for about 10 days, Michael and I refrained from our hand and foot card playing so as not to be insensitive or a stumbling block to her and her little girl. I guess that means we are not addicted if we can give it up for the sake of someone else.

I fussed at Michael the other day for watching so much football (nothing compared to most American men) Its just that he is rarely home and I was wanting to play hand and foot HAHAHA... anyway he has been so sweet and hasnt watched any in the past few days. So I realized something. The last few days there have been many more dishes than usual. GUESS WHY?

ALL THOSE TIMES HE WAS WATCHING FOOTBALL IN THE KITCHEN, HE WAS WASHING THE DISHES. SO TODAY, I AM UNGROUNDING HIM. IT REALLY IS ALL ABOUT OTHERS !!

Anyway, after that, I had coffee, some time to reflect and wake up and watched Christmas tree lights, then got on facebook...BORING...so was I. Made the bed, Helped Grace study, Helped Caleb study, graded papers, washed dishes, swept kitchen, cleaned toilet, put away clothes, heated plof. Now it is almost the end of my day, 6 pm dark outside, grace should be home from volleyball soon, caleb went to the church with his daddy (they took pingpong paddles) Sasha had a meeting to go to. And very rare as it is, I am home alone. I usually like that, but today, not so much. I am still in my jamas, in a fleece hoodie and fleece socks and still cold. I turned the electric heater on for the first time since -30's have set in.

Oh yeah, now I remember what I was going to write about today. I need some advice. My New Russian hat. Michael has been after me to get one for 3 winters. I finally succombed to the pressure (his and the other ladies at church who are afraid i am freezing)

Why I didnt want a Russian Fur Hat:
1. I am from MS, and am not used to hats
2. I dont think look good in hats.
3. I have thin, fine hair that gets electricity VERY EASILY and gets messed up easy
4. I have a small head and hats never fit
5. I dont like stuff touching my head
6. I feel like I am smothering
7. Russian fur hats are expensive
8. I feel dumb in hats (like im being extravagant or something)
9. I hate spending money on myself (always have, always will)
10. I hate trying on stuff and making decisions like buying clothing

as usual, just like in hand and foot, he won, I got the hat after literally trying on every hat in the store (there were like millions) This was Michael and the sales attendants first choice. After about 30 minutes, I tried it on. I was so worn down after all that, I finally asked Michael which was his favorite, we bought it and left the store. Everyone has been so sweet and complimentary and I appreciate it, and I am trying, but I still feel ridiculous in it.

Now he is trying to talk me into a new coat. The one I have was bought used in Moscow for 35 dollars. It is too big and I look like the michelen man in it, but i justify it because it is warm and was cheap. My new hat doesnt match, so I might give in. what do you think ?? Be honest, do you like my hat, and should I get a new coat on next payday ?

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love this post! Love your new hat! If you want a new coat, you certainly deserve it! You got your money's worth out of your coat. - angie manley

patsy said...

THANKS ANGIE, I BEEN WINDOW SHOPPING (SITTING IN GRACE'S WINDOW) WATCHING HATS AND COATS WALK BY) HAHAHA