Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Love Saturdays


I love Saturdays, at least the last few. After homeschooling for the past 15 or so years, I am rarely ever home alone. When the children were small, my dream was always to just be in our home, by myself. Just to clean and listen to music and dance around my house or just be silent. For the second Saturday in a row, Michael, Caleb and Grace have gone to the church to help with the construction/work. Everyone knows I am an extrovert, but I still like to be alone sometimes, so I have really enjoyed it. Maybe I am just getting old. This is also the second Saturday in a row that we have had dinner guests. I love that too. We have lived overseas for 10 years now, and we have people over as guests and go to others as guests a lot, which prompts the question: Do Americans do this anymore, Have people over or go over to other's homes? Because if you don't you should, It is wonderful !!

2 comments:

Charlie Boy said...

sounds nice Aunt Patsy

D'Anna said...

This is a post I could write, too, Patsy! I LOVE being w/people but I do miss being home alone - dancing, creating, reading . . .
And, one of my favorite things about Russian culture is sharing TIME and meals, or just tea, with friends. Since Anton started working at the Bike store - he doesn't get home until almost 9pm and so we haven't had many people over in a few months. But, for his b-day and a couple of weeks we are going to have a big party at our land/house . . . and I can't wait!