Saturday, November 22, 2008

UNCLASPED HANDS


Our family spent most of July, Aug, and Sept in the U.S. We were privileged to share in 15 Southern Baptist Churches of our past year's service in Siberia. We left our second oldest, Bryan,for college, celebrated with our oldest, Reagan, in his full time surrender to Christian service, and in Bryan's engagement, enjoyed a second honeymoon-a Christian cruise, held and beheld a beautiful and a handsome new great niece and nephew (and another coming soon), enjoyed alot of family time, reunited with old friends, made new friends, and endured 2 of the hardest heart aches of my life: losing my dear friend, Teri, very unexpectedly, and seeing my brother in law, Steve, my sister, Donia and their children endure a life threatening accident, Both of which have changed my life. It was hard to leave my mama, after losing my daddy just a year ago, and to leave our two oldest sons there in college, but I left them and they sent us with unclasped hands.



Oh, Lord, give me unclasped hands which symbolize my willingness to receive all You choose to give, and give up all You choose to take, receiving and giving, as an act of worship and praise to you.

In Memory of my sweet dacha sister chick, Teri Tarleton, July 4, 1959 - July 28, 2008, who lived a life of unclasped hands.

Even the fairest of petals must fall.

"See the flower in maturity. The calyx hands have unclasped utterly now. They have folded themselves back, past all power of closing again upon the petals, leaving the golden crown free to float away when God's time and wind come." Lilias Trotter (Parables of the Cross / Parables of the Christ Life)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there! here's another way to keep up with yall :)
I have a blog too that I hope to keep more updated once I get to Moskva :)

Vickie Florence said...

Absolutely beautiful Patsy. Unclasped hands - truly inspiring and very touching. You are an inspiration to me and my life has been blessed ever since God allowed our paths to cross. Thank you for sharing - I look forward to reading more. Love - Vickie

Bro. Ray said...

What a blessing! Thanks for representing Christ for us! I am truly grateful that we can call you guys our M's!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Patsy, i love that you are blogging and I can see that your heart misses our Teri still; my life is forever different and I don't like it. Cannot make it thru one day yet without breaking down at some point...

Thank you for your continued support and prayers; i feel your loving hug sometimes when the sadness overtakes me.