Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I Don't Believe in God





A picture from the cemetery overlooking the village where we shared the Gospel Saturday. (notice the graves: the ones with red stars are those who died, and wished to be remembered as loyal communists (unbelievers in God) the ones with Orthodox crosses, wished to be known as Orthodox (believers in God).


During our door to door witnessing in a village near our city Saturday, we met a man who said he was communist.

When he came to the gate, he was smiling. We introduced ourselves and told him we came to his village to make sure he had a Bible and to tell him that God loved him.

He was still smiling, and said, "Oh I am a communist." I said, "Really, great, well, God loves you, and we would like to give you a Bible?"

He looked at me strangely and said, "No, I am a communist, (I guess that had worked for the Jehovah's witnesses who had come before giving out their literature) He continued, "I don't need a Bible."

I said with surprise, "Well, everyone needs a Bible, you just don't know you need it yet." I said, "Does you being a communist also mean that you don't believe there is a God?"

He looked dumbfounded again, and said, "No. I don't believe in God"

I know it is hard to convey in written form, but it was a very pleasant, friendly conversation, with all of us grinning.

Michael jumped in and said, "You know whether you are a communist, or Athiest, or whatever, we are all going to die, and the Bible teaches then there will be a judgement, and you will face God, whether you believe in Him or not."

He said, "But I don't believe in God."

Then I said, "Oh, now I understand, you don't believe in God, ooooh, that is very dangerous for you."

He looked at me, then at Michael and then said,"Well, give me a Bible then." He smiled and thanked us and we walked away.

I love people, I love that man, and I think God will be able to persuade him however way He chooses. "Lord, bless this man with truth as he reads Your Word."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the honesty from both sides of the conversation!! Praying for him & ya'll during your visits. Love you guys! Carol & Eric

Patsy said...

thanks guys, love yall :)